Visit to the show caves of Mulu; Lang's and Deer Cave , Wind and Clearwater Cave. See the exodus of bat flight out from Deer Cave, interesting boatride along the Melinau river to Long Lutut and a beautiful trek through the rainforest of Borneo.
Overnight at Camp 5 before we climb the Pinnacles.
- Domestic return air ticket
- 1 night selected hotel / 2 nights Camp 5 / Meals (3B/3L/3D)
- Excursion 4-Show Caves of Mulu/Climbing Gunung Api - Pinnacles with Nature tour guide
- Boat fee, entry permit and entrance fees
- Guide Tipping RM 50 per pax per tour
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
* Please click "Book Now" and select whether to stay at Benarat Lodge OR Mulu Park (Longhouse), and choose whether to fly from Miri, Kuching or Kota Kinabalu
** No lunch on Day 1 if flight arrives in the afternoon.
*** Dinner on Day 1 will be at Sg. Pala Restaurant for Benarat Lodge & Mulu Park.
***** CAMP 5 may be full. Please check with us first.
Tips for the trip: You need to bring along your raincoat, mosquito repellent, torchlight and good trekking shoes for the Show Caves. Also bring along your swimming suit if you wish to swim at the Clearwater Spring.
For the Show Caves you need to bring along your raincoat, mosquito repellent, torchlight and good trekking shoes. Bring along your swimming suit if you wish to swim at the Clearwater Spring.
What do you need to take?
ESSENTIALS FOR CAMP 5
- Insect repellent
- Personal Medications
- Torch Light- HEADLAMP ADVISABLE
- Spare batteries
- Bedding (light blanket, sheet & towel)
- Pillow (inflatable) - optional
- Enough food for 3 days (supplies can be bought from the Cafe/Gallery at HQ providing stock last)
- Mosquito net (MUST be paid for at the Park Office upon check in and to be collected at Camp 5 with a voucher)
- Sandals for bathroom - optional
- Some cash (mini tuck shop)
ESSENTIALS FOR THE PINNACLES
- ABOVE AVERAGE FITNESS & EXCELLENT HEALTH
- A carry pack (waterproof is recommended) with 2 straps (a sling bag will be in the way and may obstruct your vision towards your feet.) You need both hand free at all times.
- Shoes with grip and flexible sole that allows your ankle to move (stiff soled mountain boots are not ideal). The Adidas kampong rubber shoes have been proven to be the best shoe for a wide spectrum of climbers. For sale in Mulu Gallery*
- Sufficient water – 3 LITRES MINIMUM (1 is left at the halfway point for you to use on the return journey)
- Light lunch and an energy snack.
- Headlamp in case you get caught in the dark.
- A rainproof garment, preferably not a poncho (the incline is so steep that shorter individuals step on their poncho’s) if you do use a poncho, cut/trim the lower part.
- A personal First Aid Kit
- Gloves to help you cope with the rope sections as well as the sharp rocks on the way down. For sale in Mulu Gallery*
- COMMON SENSE: Listen to your guide (abandon the climb when heavy rain falls and don’t get caught in the dark), listen to your body, stick to the cut-off times and focus on your foot placement ALWAYS. Keep re-hydrated. Do not stand too long at the view point – going down is tougher than going up!
THE PINNACLES IS A HIGH RISK ACTIVITY!
The steep gradient - 2.4km ascending to 1200m above sea level. (Descending is more challenging than ascending and takes longer!)
Descending in the dark. (Very challenging during daylight – more so when dark)
Slippery surface & sharp rocks. (Some of the limestones literally cuts like a blade!)
Tiredness/unfit (you lose concentration where to place your feet)
Very difficult to rescue a totally immobilized person (even more so when dark)
Dehydration (drink & carry sufficient fluids)
Never climb alone.
RESCUES: The Park has rescue protocols in place but it is not free. Please check the indemnity form!
Please keep this in mind and adhere to your GUIDE’S advice. Your guide is your best safety device!